Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Belt Tooling Styles




I guess if you're a hairstylist you probably notice every one's haircut.  Is it good or bad?  Supercuts or paid way too much for? Over gelled, mess that looks like a kindergartner did it.  Or maybe if you were a jewelry maker, you'd probably pay more attention to folks rings or necklaces, stuff like that.  Me, I notice people's belts.  That is just what draws my attention.  The classic slick belt, worn to the point of thinning out and black from wear, not dye.  Folks that change belts to stay up with fashions or folks that don't care one way or the other, they just want something to hold their pants up.  I myself prefer the fully tooled style, with a close second being a well done basket stamped design. 

The designs above are the patterns I do regularly.  Sometimes I change things up a bit, but I really like these designs.  All of my belts are made of quality leather (Hermann Oak or Wickett&Craig), 1 1/2" wide, lined, antiqued, and stitched.  Names, initials, or simple brands can be added to any of these designs.  The two-tone dye on the far left can also be applied to any of the patterns.  Antique is done to all of my belts to bring out the tooling and to give them some worn in "life" look. 

These designs can be done on your choice of a straight belt, a tapered end belt, or a Ranger style belt.  I will be posting more pictures soon to show these different styles along with lettering options and other embellishments.  Like with other things, I try to stay close to traditional.  Contact me for an exact qoute of what you would like.  Thanks for visiting, RW

No comments:

Post a Comment