Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Holster Galore





Recently, it seems a lot of folks have been asking about holsters.  I love making holsters.  Reason A:  They are challenging, yet fun to make.  Reason B: You have to have the gun to make the holster, so I get to see and handle a lot of different types of guns.  Let's get to the picture info:

Coming in 1st is my father-in-laws Colt Navy.  Love those guns.  This one is a blackpowder, but I really want a conversion one.
Up next is a Jesse James replica style holster I made for my Vaquero but now it holds my Dad's Blackhawk.
Both of those holsters were made using Will Ghormley's patterns.  Excellent patterns if you are in the market for making your own.
Last but not least is my Uncle's 22 holster.  My cousins bought it for him for a gift.  I really liked how that one turned out.

I like to make the old style cowboy holsters.  I really haven't gotten into making newer types that are hard molded to the guns.  If you're in the market for some Cowboy Action Shooting gear or just want some leather to wrap around your single actions, give me a shout.  Until next time, RW

No comments:

Post a Comment