Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Random Stuff Going On

Not really anything new, but wanted to put an update out there.  I finally figured out that I had comments disabled, but they are now on so leave some comments on things you like or things you'd like to see on here. 

We just got in a stack of our new business cards.  I really like them, but you may have to have glasses to read everything.  By the time you add business name, my name, phone number, email, website, the fine print that keeps you from getting sued, your second cousins married name, etc.; the card is very busy.  I think before long we'll all have to carry bigger wallets because business cards will be at least 11x17.  Anyway, I'll be trying to get those into as many hands as I can.

Also I'm doing a major cleanup and remodel of the shop pondering the idea of opening it up as a storefront for people to stop by if I'm around.  If this goes through, I'll just put a sign out by the highway when I'm open so if the sign is there, stop in.  If it ain't, give me a call or email and I see what I can do about being around.  I really can't open the doors full time since I have a job during the day that actually pays the bills.  Maybe as the kids get older, I can let one of them run the place while I'm gone.  I'll keep you updated on that.

Finally, I'm really trying to get a new flatbed sewing machine to cleanup the look of my belts.  I'm going to go with a little bit smaller thread to achieve more stitches per inch, which makes a stronger stitch.  To help this effort, I'm putting my current machine on the market.  It's a good machine, just not really what I'm needing right now.  It's a Ferdco Pro 440 with a clutch motor and table.  I also have three different presser feet for it that are included.  It is setup right now to stitch with 277 thread on top and 207 on the bottom.  It's a bottom feed only machine and I'm really wanting a walking foot machine instead.  If you know anyone interested, it's on Austin craigslist right now for $950.  Here are some pics.  Take care, RW



No comments:

Post a Comment