Saturday, October 29, 2011

Name Droppin'



A little name droppin' to pay some respect to one the guys that has supported me out on the road.  Of course this is the western swingingest, fiddlinest, chainsaw carvingest, creator of the uniquest things to ever come out of Manchaca or anywhere, Doug Moreland.  My wife and I went down to see them yesterday to check out all the happenings at his Cattlelacs gallery.  They have really grown since the last time I was down there.  The place looks great and has all kinds of great chainsaw art for purchase.  I strongly urge you to go check this place out.  A little slice of Americana right outside of Austin.  In a world that is being built like a mall, it's great to have places like Doug's that aren't exactly status quo.

Doug is also an excellent musician.   He has put together a great band, the Flying Armadillos, which can lay out some of the best stuff being played around right now.  They had the first of hopefully many "Woodshend Concerts" last night.  Please go out and support these guy's so they are able to keep up doing what they love.  Doug and Suzan have helped me out for a while now.  Doug has a guitar strap and photo album for his shop from us and they were more than willing to let me display some of my stuff in Cattlelacs a while back.  This post is just a little way for me to say thanks to them for helping me and give credit to them for what they have created out in Manchaca.  Keep up with what's going on at Cattlelacs from the link on the side of my page or just go by and pay them a visit.  Later, RW

No comments:

Post a Comment