Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Machinery

My new sewing machine has finally arrived.  This machine will open new opportunities for the shop.  It will be able to handle many things my old machine could not, such as saddle blankets, saddle skirts, padded items, etc.  It will also give me better control of stitch length on my other goods.  Thanks to Steve at Leather Machine Company for the machine.



When I opened the machine package it had a "test run" still attached to it from Steve testing and setting up the machine.  It is something I would absolutely never come close to doing, but impressive all the same.



That's probably around a 1" thick hunk of leather stitched perfect. 

Also while I was down in Lockhart last weekend, my folks ran across a nice find at an estate sale so I went over and picked up a good running Singer 331K.  It is already setup with a roller foot and good feed dogs for doing smaller work such as wallet liners, etc.  I'll have a big learning curve to overcome on both of these machines, so I'll be burning through my scrap pile for the next week or so.  Hopefully some work will be rolling off of these soon.  I have a really neat project on the bench as we speak that I should have done in the next couple of weeks.  Stay tuned.....



P.S.  The Ferdco 440 is still for sale and needs to move so I can have room for the new machine.  Take care, RW

No comments:

Post a Comment