Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011 continued



The top picture is my gift to my parents this year.  (We also put them a basket together of some local foods from around here.  Try to support your local people and less of the Walmarts of the world, you may be surprised about what good stuff you can find.)

This is a new hobby I'm trying to pick up.  If you've noticed my links to other sites, you may notice a slight trend of wood carvers.  I'm amazed by people that work with wood.  I'm absolutely no good at building stuff or making stuff out out of any kind of wood.  Well I came across Lynn Doughty's blog and became addicted.  So in my time between leather projects, I've started trying out some carving.  These are my first two pair of boots.  I gave the first one to my parents for safe keeping.  The second pair is waiting on a set of spurs then they will be displayed in the old BR.

We are stocking up for the show season so I will likely have more belts, legal pads, sheaths, etc on hand for anyone who would like to drop in and get something.  Also you can email me and I'll get it shipped out.  If I can drag my wife out of our cold house to the colder shop, I will try to get a how to up on some of the things I'm building for our booth if there is any interest in that.  I'm looking forward to getting the shop on the road this year.  I think we're going to have a lot of fun now that the kids are a little older and can understand what's going on.  Hope you all had a great Christmas and all of us here at the BR wish you a very happy new year.  Take care, RW

No comments:

Post a Comment